What is Drive to Strive:
- Signature gathering event occurring at all Commonwealth Campuses that will ultimately be presented to Governor Wolf during “Capital Day”.
- Purpose of Drive to Strive is to promote continued, consistent funding for all of Penn State, including the Commonwealth Campuses
- Drive to Strive comes from “driving” the signatures in a binder to each Commonwealth Campus and “striving” by making great efforts to obtain signatures in support of the funding consistency.
- Capital Day is an event sponsored by the Penn State Grassroots Network that occurs late March.
- Takes place in Harrisburg at the Capital Complex
- Opportunity to meet with your local legislators
- Discussion of consistent funding for Penn State
- Signatures can come from anybody within your campus community – students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- While you have the petition on your Commonwealth Campus, take it with you to on and off campus events – every signature is a great thing and truly means a lot
- Consult with the appropriate people before going off campus with the petition. Share info with the Committee leadership.
Driving the Signatures:
- Logistics may prevent the “driving” of the signatures to the Commonwealth Campuses
- If this happens, please consult with the Committee leadership. We will work with you!
- Exceptions to the “driving” can be granted by Committee leadership or CCSG Exec Board
What We Need From You:
- Communication is key to making this a success
- If something should go wrong, please inform the Committee leadership! We will work with you to provide a successful resolution. The most minor of things can turn into something major – if we aren’t informed we can’t do much.
Spring 2017 Calendar
6. New Kensington – January 8th to January 11th, handoff on the 11th
7. Greater Allegheny – January 12th, 2017 to January 17th, handoff on the 17th
8. Altoona – January 18th to 20th, handoff on the 20th
9. Mont Alto – January 23rd to 25th, handoff on the 25th
10. York – January 26th to January 30th, handoff on the 30th
11. Brandywine – January 31st to February 2nd, handoff on the 2nd
12. Abington – February 3rd to February 7th, handoff on the 6th
13. Berks – February 8th to February 10th, handoff on the 10th
14. Lehigh Valley – February 13th to February 15th, handoff on the 15th
15. Harrisburg – February 16th to February 20th, handoff on the 20th
16. Schuylkill – February 21st to February 23rd, handoff on the 23rd
17. Hazleton – February 24th to February 28th, handoff on the 28th
18. Wilkes Barre – March 1st to March 3rd, handoff on the 3rd
19. Worthington Scranton – March 13th to March 15th, mail to CCSG Office via UPS
(312 HUB, University Park, PA 16802) on the 15th